Friday, August 5, 2011

Requisite first post that always sucks and is never anywhere near as creative and awesome as the blog it represents

Based on the blog name and the number of characters in the title of this post alone, I think it's safe to say that this whole blog outlet was a good decision. Basically, the idea for this came about one night while excessively tweeting. I might have been drinking wine. I might have been watching a movie. I might have been annoying the fuck out of all of my Twitter followers (maybe a good place to say that I am @krisleighcamp ). Or it might have all been hilarious and insightful. It depends on how much you care about my inner monologue whilst watching a movie that I'm not really paying attention to because I'm too busy drinking wine and/or tweeting. Not sure how successful a blog will be for me, seeing as how I have the attention span of a goldfish, but we'll see how it goes.

So maybe in the end this blog will be filled with my random ramblings that are spawned by my desire to express myself in more than 140 characters without having to do multiple tweets of one continuous thought (because I hate that). I might actually have a focus and a recurring feature, so to speak, of live blogging my thoughts as I watch a movie. You know, all of those things that creep into your mind while you're watching and would love to share. This works while watching a movie alone and even works for when you're watching with friends (because you shouldn't talk during a movie, unless previously agreed that it is okay by your movie-watching companion).

I should probably note that the movie posts might be a little spoilery,  I will try my best to not ruin any super key plot points, but it might happen. Maybe if I learn to do some fancy stuff with the blog, I can find some way to hide spoiler stuff without limiting the view of the whole post. Things to figure out another time. Not now. This post doesn't have any spoilers.

I really hope this blog stands up for what I hope and this original post isn't the best one. That would be embarrassing outright, but even more so because of that asinine title I made for it.

1 comment: