Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You know that list of reasons of why I will never be a real adult? Add this to it.

So, on the verge of panicking about not being able to access data, graphics, and the scripts to produce said graphics, I sent out my third attempt to contact the owner of the hosting server. Previous emails were all polite. They started with things like "hope things are well" and "long time no chat" followed by the point of the email. No response. What do I do? Send the best email ever written:

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm still hoping to hear back from you about the status of the server. Need to snag some graphics and matlab files from it. Let me know if it's alive, dead, or sleeping, and if/when you know it'll be back up and running. Thanks!

Cheers,
Kristin

In a slightly crazier world (or a world were people understand the processes going on in my brain), I would have included a postscript. It would have gone something like this...

Ps. I know you are alive and somewhat with internet as you tweeted the other day. We're all very excited about Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls series is indeed amazing. But seriously, email me back.

Update: I received an almost immediate response from the email, even without my awesome postscript. There were apologies and a promise to keep me informed. Apparently, the server has been asleep since the snowstorm. Or in a coma. I'm not sure how you classify server ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment