Friday, October 14, 2011

Laundry day is a very dangerous day

I have been saying for days that I need to do my laundry, which, by my usual standards, puts me ahead of schedule when (not if!) I accomplish getting it done today (since normally it takes me at least a week of saying it's laundry day before it happens). I would have done it days ago (honest!), but I was lacking in quarters. So, today, before I left work, I hit up the bartender for some quarters out of the drawer. Win. Also, I got cut so it's pretty much like a day off even though I had to go in for an hour and help set up. Whatever. Day off! First day off in like nine days. Yay!

But that diatribe is not the point of this post. The point relates to me feeling guilty about lying. And about me feeling bad for being an asshole. Or something like that.

So I was on the train heading home, rocking out to some Cake, and kicking some serious Free Cell ass, when this woman begins her progression through the car asking for change. Well, I didn't know what she was asking, but when she got to me it seemed like her mouth said "got any change?" to which I shook my head and went back to my conquering of the cards. Then my mind went on hilarious inner monologue mode of what I would do if I were a complete asshole. I could have been all, "why yes, I do have coins, but they're for my laundry though, so back off!" but that seems unnecessarily harsh. Also, she would probably kill for some clean clothes. Or maybe just the quarters. She seemed to nice to do something like that, but I probably seem to nice to have a thought like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment