Friday, September 23, 2011

So this just happened...

And I have far too much work to do to not write a blog post.

I won't get into the details, but I have this thing with photos. I never think I look good, which is something that is probably characteristic of a lot of people, but I think I'm more afflicted with this than others. Probably just my self-perception. Anyway, current Facebook profile photo is of me laughing while taking a photo. It's really meta and characteristic of me. However, it bores me (and, like I said, I should be working right now instead of procrastinating), so I felt like a change was in order. Go go gadget PhotoBooth!

Opened the application, mentally prepare myself with the mantra of "no, your smile does not look stupid, and yes, your hair is fine" and the like. Enter Socks, my little kitty man who sometimes demands my full attention. You can tell I absolutely adore him with photo number one.


That's a lot of love. How does he reciprocate such feelings?

Bam! Ass in the face! Silly cat. At least I'm a good sport about it and find it funny.

He returned to his perch on my lap so that a legitimate photo could be taken, where he would only make a small cameo via his ears and the top of his head.

And after all of that, I'm not sure if I'll go with one of those photos because I totally don't want people to judge me for taking PhotoBooth photos because I'm afraid they'll think I'm narcissistic.

Update: Here's a bonus photo of me and Socks-bear from a number of years ago. My adoration is the same, but the hair is different.

Oh, how's the work going? Well, really well. OBVIOUSLY!

2 comments:

  1. how can you think you look anything but stunning!!! your eyes are craaazy blue and beautiful in 3, but i just love the laugh-in-action in 2 :D

    ReplyDelete